- Introduction: Valegis Advocaten respects the privacy of all visitors to its websites
- What personal data we collect
- Why we collect personal data: purposes
- Legal grounds for processing
- News letter
- Google Analytics
- Security of personal data
- Retention period for personal data
- Where your personal data is processed
- Who has access to your data?
- Changes to our policy
- How can you exercise your rights?
- Right to complain
1. Introduction: Valegis Advocaten respects the privacy of all visitors to its websites.
We will handle your personal data in a careful, secure and confidential manner. This privacy statement explains how we do this. This privacy statement applies to:
- Our websites, namely valegis.com, advocaatprivacy.nl and gatewaytoholland.com;
- Our electronic newsletters.
We will exclusively use your personal data for the purposes listed in this privacy statement, and not for any other purposes, unless the further processing of the personal data is compatible with the purposes for which this data was originally processed.
2. What personal data we collect
We collect personal data through our websites, newsletters and when you contact us. Personal data is data that can be used to determine your identity. We collect the following data from you:
- When you contact us by filling in the web form or sending us an e-mail we ask you for your name, so we can contact you to answer your question.
- When you visit our website, we collect data about your visit and surfing behaviour on our website.
- or our newsletter we collect your name, e-mail address, company name (optional). We register whether you open the newsletter and your click behaviour.
We collect the technical data by means of cookies. Technical data include the IP address, the operating system, the internet browser used and (in some cases) the last internet page you visited. We use anonymised data as much as possible.
3. Why we collect personal data: purposes
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- When you send us an e-mail or fill in the web form: to respond to your questions or comments;
- When you register for an event (e.g. a workshop/webinar): to register for this event, to keep you informed of any changes or modifications concerning the event and to be able to send you relevant information and/or inform you about other events afterwards;
- When you register to receive one of our publications, for example the newsletters, the Valegizine or any other publication: to send you the requested information;
- To analyse and improve our services, including the measurement and analysis of statistical data and the generation of user statistics..
4. Legal grounds for processing
If we have any legitimate interests in the processing of your personal data, we may process your data for these reasons, unless your interest in not having the data processed is overriding.
Answering questions is part of the regular business activities of Valegis Advocaten. The information you provide for this purpose is therefore necessary in order to be able to answer your questions in the best possible way. In addition, it is part of the regular business activities of Valegis Advocaten to keep you, if you are already a client of Valegis Advocaten, informed about news items and relevant products and services via the newsletter. Valegis Advocaten also has an interest in a well-functioning website, attuned to the wishes of visitors to the website.
You have the right to object to these processing operations. If you wish to object, please contact us. In that case we will cease processing your personal data, unless there are compelling, justified reasons why our interest in the processing outweighs your interest in ceasing the processing. If you ask us to stop processing, you may not be able to make optimum use of our services.
In some cases, we will ask for your permission before we process your data.This concerns the following processing operations:
- Before you sign up for an event
- Before we send you a newsletter or other publication and you are not a client of Valegis Advocaten
You are entitled to withdraw your permission at all times. In that case we will not process your personal data any further.
5. News letter
We offer a newsletter with which we want to inform interested parties about news in the field of our services and related matters. You will only receive this newsletter if you are a subscriber. Subscribers are 1) persons who have subscribed to the newsletter and 2) existing clients of Valegis Advocaten.
Each newsletter contains a link that allows you to unsubscribe with one click.
7. Google Analytics
Google acts as processor in the processing of personal data by Valegis Advocaten. Valegis Advocaten has entered into a processing agreement with Google for this reason.
Information collected with Google Analytics is anonymised as much as possible. For example, Valegis Advocaten does not gain insight into which individual visitors visit the website. Google will not process your full IP address, but will mask some data from your IP address.
Valegis Advocaten has not given Google permission to use the collected data for its own purposes. The cookies collected by Google Analytics are not used in combination with other Google services, such as DoubleClick and AdWords.
The information collected by Google Analytics is used to keep track of how our website is used and to provide us with reports about the website. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally obliged to do so, or to the extent that these third parties process the information on Google’s behalf.
8. Security of personal data
We will ensure the personal data we have received from you is adequately secured, in line with applicable legal requirements and guidelines.
9. Retention period for personal data
We will not store your personal data longer than is necessary for the purpose of data processing.
- Newsletter: your name and contact details will be stored as long as you are interested in receiving our newsletter.
- Answering your questions: your name and contact details will not be kept longer than necessary and in any case not longer than one year, unless a customer relationship has been established..
- Technical reasons, such as website optimisation: technical data is stored in anonymised form as far as possible and is used for as long as necessary to optimise the website.
10. Where your personal data is processed
We will process your personal data in the European Union/EEA. Your personal data will not be processed in or passed on to other countries if there are no appropriate safeguards in place to secure your personal data.
11. Who has access to your data?
We will not disclose your personal data to third parties, except to the parties listed below or if you have given your consent.
We cooperate with the following third parties who have access to your personal data:
- Google Analytics, for the optimisation of the website
- Gateskeeper ICT (New Yorkstraat 2, 1175 RD Lijnden), for the hosting and maintenance of the website.
- Mailchimp, for sending the electronic newsletters
We have entered into a processing agreement with parties who process your personal data on our behalf, in order to protect your personal data.
We reserve the right to share your personal data with third parties when required by law or when necessary to protect the interests of you, us or third parties.
12. Changes to our policy
This privacy statement could be amended in the event of changes to our service provision or changes to privacy laws. We will personally inform you of any changes that apply to you, for example by sending you an e-mail.
13. How you can exercise your rights
You have a number of rights under privacy legislation (this includes the GDPR). These rights are specified in article 12 – 23 of the GDPR and in related legislation. In any case, you have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- The right to request access to your personal data
- The right to request the correction of your personal data if it is not correct (rectification)
- The right to request removal of your personal data
- The right to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data
- If we process your personal data based on our legitimate interests: the right to object to the (further) processing of your personal data (resistance)
- If we process your data on the basis of your permission or on the basis of an agreement we have concluded with you: the right to request transfer of personal data (data portability)
14. Right to complain
We have processed certain personal data about you on the basis of our legitimate interests. You have the right at any time to object to the processing of your personal data on this basis. We will then cease processing your personal data unless there are compelling legitimate reasons why our processing interest outweighs your interest in ceasing processing.
Do you disagree with a decision we take, for example, when we decide not to delete your personal data? In that case
- Please contact us: we will try to find a solution together with you.
Make a complaint: you have the right to complain to the Personal Data Authority: https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en
- Request for mediation: you can ask the Personal Data Protection Authority to mediate between you and us: https://www.autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/en
- Proceed: you have the right to go to the competent court to settle the dispute.
The responsibility for the processing of personal data lies with:
Valegis Advocaten (partnership)
WTC The Hague
Pr. Beatrixlaan 582
2595 BM The Hague
Tel: +31 (0)70-3196040