Sport is all about performance: of the athlete, the team, the club and/or the association. Legal issues often receive too little attention in sport, simply because one does not want to concern oneself with such matters: all attention goes to the sport itself.
The Valegis team ensures that you can continue to focus your attention on the sport. We take care of all legal matters for you. Whether it’s about player contracts, employment contracts of other employees, questions about governance within clubs, intellectual property rights or sponsorship: Valegis has the expertise to provide you with practical advice.
Through our international network Pangea Net, we also have connections with lawyers specialised in sports law from all over the world, for example Switzerland. Swiss law is of great importance in international sports law, as arbitration often takes place in Switzerland.
Sport also has legal aspects
The sports world is a dynamic and active environment; every performance and development generates movement. Think, for example, of the creation of the second division in football; well-performing amateur clubs are given the opportunity to eventually move on to professional football. A fantastic goal, in which attention must also be paid to the legal challenges and risks during that development.
Do you want to know how you or your organisation is doing from a legal point of view or are you planning on making an important business decision? Sports clubs, (professional) athletes, umbrella organisations, sponsors, (amateur) sports associations and other parties active in the sports sector can contact our sector team Sport for matters such as:
– Drafting and editing agreements (such as football transfer, sponsorship and merchandising agreements)
– Employment law activities on behalf of athletes and sports associations
– Liability and insurance aspects (e.g. advice on directors’ liability and general aspects of liability at sports associations)
– Disciplinary cases (assisting athletes in the legal treatment of violations of regulations)
– Advice on copyright and portrait rights
– Advising on the organisation and (re)structuring of sports associations